Saturday, November 8, 2008

Equal rights for LGBT's is not the end point..

Last nights march was amazing. There were thousands of
people and from what I understand late last night, no
arrests were reported. I understand that there is a time
and place for civil disobedience and also believe that
there is a time and place for peaceful protest. I believe
last night's protest was successful and am really glad the
word got around so fast to keep it peaceful.

Now if we could harness that energy for coalition building
among all oppressed groups. Equal rights for LGBTs is not
an end point... How do we use this time and energy to build
bridges without simply using other causes and other
oppressed people for our own benefit?

I know it's happening and that so many of you are already
doing this work.
I would love to hear peoples' thoughts on this.

No comments: